The top 5 things that drive me crazy in business e-mails.
1. Sending an e-mail asking me to take some urgent, immediate action. Just call me instead.
2. Sending an email to thank me for my earlier reply. Please thank me by sending less e-mails.
3. Forwarding me something as an FYI when I clearly need to take action. FYI means “you may want to know about this, but you do not need to do anything”.
4. Replying to an email on one topic to discuss a completely different topic. This makes it nearly impossible to find later.
5. Forwarding me several versions of the same e-mail thread to get me up to speed on a subject. I do not need all 15 emails, just the last one or two with the whole thread.